IRISS Systems VPFC-100 Research Grade Crystal Infrared Window, 4in Diameter
View IRISS Products Visit IRISS Store
No Reviews yet for this product
|MFG Part #||IRISS SYSTEMS VPFC-100|
Want Us To Email You A Quote?
Quote only This Product?
Please fill out this form below
North and South American Sales Only
Crystal Infrared Windows
Calcium Fluoride (CaF2) has long been used in research applications. It is a cost-effective solution that performs well in controlled environments where humidity, chemical exposure, vibration and high frequency noise can be minimized or eliminated.
The transmission rate characteristics of CaF2 are ideal for higher temperature applications, short and medium wave thermography and for the visual spectrum where transmission rates are over 90%. Long wave transmission rates will vary (typically between 50% and 60%) based on imager sensitivities at different wavelengths.
VPFC infrared windows are specially coated to reduce and delay the transmission loss due to moisture/humidity. However, industrial users are strongly encouraged to investigate the VPFR series of Industrial Grade Infrared Windows which are specifically designed for stability in harsh industrial environments.
- Transparent crystal allows for visual and UV (Corona Camera) inspections.
- Calcium Fluoride does not meet impact requirements of IEEE for medium and high-voltage switchgear where any visual viewing pane in switchgear (Crystal IR windows are used for Visual as well as IR Inspections) above 1kV must undergo a mandatory impact test (IEEE C.37.20.2 section a.3.6)
- Compatible with long wave and short wave IR imagers
- Ultraviolet transmission compatible with corona cams
- Fluoride-based crystals can be used in industrial environments, however, they are best suited for laboratory environments where moisture, humidity, vibration and high-frequency noise can be controlled, and where the imager can be periodically recalibrated to the transmission rate of the optic
- Housing made of “switchgear-grade” plastics: insulated to 30kV/mm, non-conductive, and UL94 compliant
VPFC crystal infrared windows are primarily suited for research or laboratory applications where the environment is controlled and risk of impact is minimal.