B&K Precision 8510 600W Programmable DC Electronic Load
The B&K Precision 8510 600W Programmable DC Electronic Load has a high degree of accuracy, great display resolution, and a wide operating range. The affordable, laboratory grade model 8510 Programmable DC Electronic Load is well suited for testing and evaluating a wide variety of DC power sources. This DC electronic load can operate in CC, CV, CR or CP mode while voltage/current or resistance/power values are measured and displayed in real time and is fully programmable via RS232 or optional USB interface. Extensive protection, including over temperature, over power, over voltage, over current and reverse polarity will help protect your valuable prototype. Its flexible oeprating modes and excellent measurement accuracy make this DC electronic load a great choice for characterizing DC power supplies, DC-DC converters, batteries, fuel cells and solar cells.
- Operates between 0-120 VDC, 1 mA-120 A, 600 W max
- Constant current (CC), resistance (CR), voltage (CV) and power (CP) operation
- Built-in high resolution voltage and current measurement (range dependant)
- Bright, easy to read display (VFD technology)
- Built-in transient generator
- Programmable via RS232 interface. RS232 to TTL serial converter cable and application software included
- Optional USB communication adapter availabe
- List mode oeration for increased throughput
- Battery testingmode to provide Ah rating of battery
- Flexible triggering: Create trigger events by front panel keystroke, back panel TTL signal or software
- Connect multiple units in parallel to increase current rating
- Remote sense
Benefits of Modular DC Electronic Load Systems
Modular DC electronic load systems provide mulitple load channels for testing multi-output devices such as power supplies, DC-DC converters, chargers and batteries. The following are common resons to use modular load over a standalone single-input load.
Although a single channel load may meet the testing requirement for a product under development, multiple loads are often required for production quantities. The modular design allows for easy reconfiguration and multi-channel expansion depending on your application and future test requirements.
A modular DC electronic load system connects multiple load modules in parallel to perform measurements on several outputs simultaneously. This saves time compared to testing multiple outputs sequentially with a single-input load.
On a modular DC electronic load system, multiple channels can be operated from a single mainframe controller. This eliminates the need to duplicate power supplies, chassis, and remote interfaces on an equivalent standalone system. Users can also synchronously control the inputs and program multiple channel sequences from a single instrument.