Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker + Vane Mount, Tan
Model: 5400 | Order No: 0854VTAN
Measure wind speed, wind gusts, temperature, humidity and more with the Kestrel 5400 series heat stress tracker. Made for athletics and professionals around the globe, this meter detects when heat-related conditions become unsafe before your body does.
Kestrel 0854VTAN 5400 Heat Stress Tracker + Vane Mount Offers
Getting accurate measurements to keep your workers, athletes or animals safe couldn't be easier with the Kestrel 5400 series heat stress meter. This instrument notifies you immediately if heat related conditions are unsafe well before your body does. It also is a full-featured weather meter as well - measuring wind speed, wind gusts, temperature, humidity and more. For hands-free measurements use the vane mount over the course of the practice, training session or workday.
Improved tripod mount, waterproof data transfer cable makes the Kestrel 5 Series the most user friendly innovative line ever.
- Measures Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT), Thermal Work Limit (TWL), heat index, temperature, humidity and much more. 15 measurements in all
- Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions
- Handheld, portable, data logger with customizable warning flag settings, graphing and measurement statistics
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
- 5-year warranty
- Toggle backlight color between standard white and night-vision-preserving red (NV). The red NV backlight features an optical wavelength selected to help users sustain natural night vision and reduced brightness to avoid detection during night maneuvers
- Battery is isolated from electronics, reducing damage in the event of a battery leak. (Note – Lithium AA batteries strongly recommended to avoid battery leakage altogether.)
- Icon-based navigation, intuitive keypad, and multiple languages make the Kestrel a breeze to use
- Large, O-ring sealed door provides easy, tool-free battery access
- Rigid, polycarbonate lens with scratch-coating protects the display from damage
- Athletics and Outdoor Sports
- Coaches and Trainers
- Construction and HVAC
- Education and Classroom Use
- Facilities Management
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Industrial Hygiene
Every Kestrel 5 Series meter is drop-tested, waterproof, dustproof and just as rugged, reliable and dependable.
Don't Lose Your Cool. Manage Work Place and Athlete Heat Stress.
Sometimes we only use the air temperature as a measure of how comfortable we will feel when working or playing outside. But when the days get longer and the sun becomes stronger we need to take into account a lot more than air temperature.
Heat-induced illnesses, such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke occur when your body can't keep itself cool. The evaporation of sweat is slowed on hot and humid days causing your body temperature to rise and become ill.
Symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Dizziness, Headache, Weakness, Nausea
- Rapid Heartbeat, Cramps, Chest Pain
- Labored Breathing, Lack of Sweating
- Mood changes such as irritability or confusion
- High fever (104°F and Higher) for Heat Stroke Victims
Preventing Heat Stress
- Know signs/symptoms of heat-related illnesses; monitor yourself and coworkers
- Block out direct sun or other heat sources
- Rest regularly
- Drink lots of water; about 1 cup every 15 minutes
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Avoid alcohol, caffeinated drinks, or heavy meals
And most importantly….Monitor the conditions you are in with a Heat Stress Meter
These meters measure how hot it REALLY feels outside when humidity is combined with temperature, air movement and radiant heat.
What is WBGT or Wet Bulb Globe Temperature?
WBGT index is a term used in industry, sports and other areas to indicate the heat stress level for humans and animals. It calculates the heat stress of direct sunlight, which takes into ac¬count temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover. This type of meter com¬bines these factors into a single number so you can quickly take into account the conditions you are in.
What is Black Globe Temperature (TG)?
Skin can burn when it comes in contact with exposed machinery, tools and containers left in hot direct sunlight. Black Globe Temperature represents the integrated effects of radiation and wind on these objects.
What's included with the Kestrel 0854VTAN 5400
- 0854VTAN 5400 Series Heat Stress Tracker Meter
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery
- Instruction Manual
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
Click on a category to view a selection of compatible accessories with the Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker + Vane Mount, Tan.