The AEMC 6470-B is rugged, easy-to-use and ideal for maintenance crews
and contractors performing numerous tests. It exceeds mechanical and
safety specifications for shock, vibration and drop tests called out in
IEC standards. The adjustable test frequency and filtering provide for
rejection of high levels of interference, allowing it to be used under
difficult conditions such as the presence of high stray currents that
normally affect accuracy, and measured auxiliary rod resistance enables
the user to optimize measurements in difficult soil environments.
The AEMC Digital Ground Resistance Tester performs grounding resistance, soil resistivity, bonding tests (2- and 4-wire Resistance) and earth coupling measurements. This direct reading tester measures from 0.01 to 99.99kΩ, and is auto-ranging, automatically seeking out the optimum measurement range test current and test frequency. Simply connect the leads, select the test mode, Press-to-Measure and read the results. Up to 512 test results can be stored in internal memory for later recall to the display or download to a PC for analysis and hard copy reports.
The large LCD is easy-to-read and indicates grounding electrode resistance, test voltage, current and frequency. It also measures individual test electrode resistance, battery status and more depending on the measurement.
The AEMC 6470-B is Cat IV rated to 50V and is over voltage protected to greater than 250V against accidental connection to live circuits. Live voltage, if present, is also displayed on screen. In the event of a system fault, it can withstand 250V between any two terminals. Also included, are manual and automatic test frequency selection from 40 to 513Hz; user selectable Soil Resistivity test method (Wenner or Schlumberger); user selectable 2-Wire or 4-Wire Bond Resistance test and a Earth coupling test feature.
Additional features of the AEMC 6470-B Digital Ground Resistance Tester include: a heavy-duty field case sealed against dust and water when closed (the test button is also sealed against the elements); NiMH rechargeable batteries. An external charger powered from 120V/230V 50/60Hz is included. Also can be powered and charged from a 12V vehicle battery. Testing while recharging is allowed.
- 3-Point measurements of resistance to ground of ground rods and grids. 3-Point measurements are generally used when the electrode or grid can be easily disconnected.
- 4-Point tests or soil resistivity measurements. Locating areas of lowest soil resistivity is essential for achieving an economical grounding installation.
- Touch and step potential testing measurements. These tests are recommended when the ground cannot be disconnected, where ground faults are highly likely to occur, or when the "footprint" of grounded equipment (the outline of the part of equipment in contact with the earth) is comparable to the size of the ground to be tested.
- 2- or 4-Wire tests for continuity tests on bonding or on grounding systems. This test is a DC resistive test using 250mA or more and is used to check bonding of all connection points on the ground system.
- Earth coupling measurement and display. Used to estimate the influence of two earth resistance systems that are not connected to each other.
Purchase the AEMC 6470-B as a standalone unit or with the available kits below:
AEMC 6470-B Kit -150ft - Digital Ground Resistance Tester Kit - 150ft
AEMC 6470-B Kit -300ft - Digital Ground Resistance Tester Kit - 300ft
AEMC 6470-B Kit -500ft - Digital Ground Resistance Tester Kit - 500ft